Sunday 27 January 2019

BEING ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOU

One thing I've found since starting my fitness journey is that whenever I post fitness related content on Instagram I get bombarded with messages from people I know like "OMG you look amazing, tell me what to do." "How do you have the motivation?" "Help me." Well this is my advise.


I appreciate that for some people they may have never considered their health and fitness goals before and therefore their expectations may be inaccurate, however there are a huge amount of people who are naive as to how long the process of becoming a better you can take. These people are usually the ones who have tried and failed on numerous occasions with unsustainable diet fads and have started to lose hope. (Don't worry I feel you, I've been this person too.)

There have been days where I have sat and cried in front of the mirror at how much I hate what I see, I've wanted to avoid social situations because none of my clothes look right because I'm "so fat", but then I have to reflect and focus on the times when I wake up and I can't describe how happy I feel and how proud I am of how far I've come.  

My number one piece of advise for anyone starting out in their journey is BE ACCOUNTABLE. There's no point complaining you're not reaching your goals if you eat consistently through the week and binge on pizza and takeaway and nights out over the weekend. 

Accountability for me is like making myself a promise of where I want to be, and how I'm going to get there. Check in photos, scale weight, tracking my food and being positively critical. 

Remember that no-one can drive you to reach your goals, other than you. Start somewhere but realise that there is no quick fix and no one can keep you accountable better than yourself. 

Until next time, Charlotte. 

"The state of your life, is nothing more than a reflection of the state of your mind."
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Charlotte Rumsby. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig