Wednesday 2 December 2015

LETS TALK EGGNOG..



Now if you know me, you'll know I like a good drink around this time of year... or two.. or three.. So when Waitrose contacted me and asked me to have a go at making Eggnog using products from the Waitrose Cellar, I couldn't be more excited. I've never tried Eggnog before, let alone make it so I had no idea how it was going to go. Most people use Bourbon but I decided to go with Kraken Spiced Rum instead and it worked amazingly. I've been sneezing and sniffling all day but with an extra 50ml more rum than required my nose was clear as day. (TMI, sorry)

To re-create my version of Eggnog, you will need:

  • 2 large eggs
  • 200ml whole milk
  • Double cream
  • 200ml, or 250ml in my case of Kraken Spiced Rum
  • Ground nutmeg
  • 25g caster sugar
  • A dash of vanilla syrup

The process for Eggnog is super straight forward, separate your egg yolks and whites and beat together the yolks with the caster sugar. Add the Kraken Rum slowly and mix the egg whites separately. Add the yolk/Kraken mix to the egg whites and eventually add the cream. Throw in a dash of vanilla syrup and serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg on top. Voila! Simple. 

If you try out this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see how it turned out! I also vlogged some of today, and although it was filled with me complaining I'm poorly and sniffling - it's still a video. Be sure to check it out here, and subscribe to my channel if you enjoyed it. 

*This was a post in collaboration with Waitrose Cellar for their festive drinks collection, of which they supplied a gift voucher to purchase the supplies. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Charlotte Rumsby. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig