Friday 10 October 2014

MAINTAINING BLOG MOTIVATION

Things can get a little cray sometimes juggling a full time job and trying to maintain a blog that I'm proud of. If you find yourself in a bit of a motivation rut sometimes, try following these tips, they work for me and hopefully you get some use out of them too.




  • Don't be afraid to ask. A lot of bloggers love to help out, from asking for advice to inquiring about what equipment each other use, 90% of us just want to see the blogger community do well. 
  • A good quality notebook/diary. It only needs to be big enough to fit in your most used bag, but I find most of my post ideas come to me when I'm nowhere near my laptop. Thanks to my job I always have a bag full of pens so I just jot down any thoughts, inspiration or when I've scheduled posts for. My current notebook is this lined, navy one* from Paperchase.
  • iPhone pictures aren't a crime. Sometimes I find myself eating somewhere amazing, throwing together a great outfit or most of the time just being forgetful and having to rely on my iPhone for pictures. But this doesn't mean you shouldn't include these pictures in a post, I'm looking into investing in a good quality smaller camera. If you have any suggestions tweet me @charlotterumsby.
  • Take any opportunity. If you see a chance for a guest post, take it. If the smallest company want to work with you, do it. If you get a freebie in a magazine, review it. Simple.
  • Keep an eye on social media: Most of my favourite bloggers I've found through social media like Twitter and Instagram. Commenting on tweets and pictures doesn't go un-noticed, its fun and you're getting yourself out there without having to write a blog post!
  • Stay happy: If blogging becomes too stressful, a chore or if you don't find you enjoy it as much, take some time out and focus on more important things. For most of us blogging is a non-profitable hobby and your own life will always come first. 
Charlotte x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Charlotte Rumsby. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig